The accompanying information’s boast of “ultra-rare tracks” could have been a euphemism for “scraping the barrel”. But because of the apparently bottomless pit of 1970s Afro-funk still being found and dusted down – and because this is an Analog Africa release – you can be sure quality control has been maintained for this “Return to Ghana 1974-1983”.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 17 April 2008
His record company, so legend has it, blew a gasket when Bobby Womack wanted to release a country album titled Black In The Saddle Again; and when it eventually appeared as BW Goes C&W, they simply ignored it, hoping nobody on either side of America’s racial divide would notice.
Friday 29 February 2008
Like many a hip-hop and R&B star, Erykah Badu seems to have spent more time acting than making music recently, releasing only the EP Worldwide Underground since her 2000 album Mama's Gun.
Friday 06 May 2005
Monday 28 June 2004
Friday 25 June 2004
Tuesday 06 January 2004
Wednesday 03 December 2003
Thursday 26 June 2003
Saturday 03 May 2003
Friday 25 April 2003
Friday 11 October 2002
Wednesday 03 May 2000
Sunday 19 September 1999
Sunday 29 August 1999
Saturday 17 July 1999
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine