Alan Pardew’s position under threat as surprise move sees former manager made director of football
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 16 April 2012
Nicolas Anelka has confirmed he will try to lure former Chelsea team-mate Didier Drogba to China following his shock appointment to the coaching staff of Shanghai Shenhua.
Sunday 25 March 2012
Calm down, calm down! If you're a Scouser like me you would have heard that phrase about every 10 days for the past 20 years, usually coupled with the flat-palmed hand gestures and "'ey, 'ey". Thank you, Harry Enfield, for cementing a stereotype of Liverpudlians that has been harder to shift than a van full of shell suits.
Monday 13 February 2012
View From The Sofa: Manchester United v Liverpool, Sky / Country at the BBC, BBC 2
Friday 10 February 2012
This week I've been drinking...Snowballs
Monday 06 February 2012
Newcastle United 2 Aston Villa 1
Saturday 07 January 2012
Cup mind games begin as Ferguson locks horns with his opposite number at City
Friday 23 December 2011
Back in 2004 Glenn Tilbrook, his wild hair sticking out like Christopher Lloyd's Doc in Back to the Future, cheerfully tore through a short set of Squeeze classics in support of an awed Fountains of Wayne, the US equivalent of Squeeze.
Saturday 12 November 2011
The Last Word
Monday 07 November 2011
Newcastle United 2 Everton 1
Friday 04 March 2011
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew and his scouting team have started to identify potential targets for a summer recruitment drive.
Monday 31 January 2011
Liverpool have completed the signing of Uruguay forward Luis Suarez on a five-and-a-half-year contract.
Thursday 06 January 2011
Kevin Keegan today cast doubt on David Beckham's hopes of making another England comeback or even coping with a return to the Barclays Premier League.
Thursday 06 January 2011
Liverpool legends Kevin Keegan, John Barnes and Steve McManaman today insisted Roy Hodgson could survive as Liverpool manager, despite him appearing on the brink of the sack.
Tuesday 07 December 2010
- 1 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 4 Exclusive: Newcastle's star talent-spotter on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout
- 5 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats