They got up from their sewing machines and walked out on strike more than forty years ago, but today the Dagenham women machinists who fought for equal pay were awarded the ‘Good Housekeeping’ Women of the Year Outstanding Achievement Award.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 16 November 1997
Sunday 17 August 1997
Sunday 20 April 1997
Sunday 06 April 1997
Saturday 22 March 1997
Monday 17 February 1997
Sunday 20 October 1996
Wednesday 21 February 1996
GMTV wins reprieve after improvement in services: Better news coverage helps station described by watchdog as 'poor' escape fine. Rhys Williams reports
Friday 16 September 1994
Thursday 30 December 1993
Wednesday 25 August 1993
- 1 North Korea: Kim Jong Un 'sacks powerful uncle and has his aides executed'
- 2 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert