The Lord of the Rings trilogy and James Cameron's Avatar scored huge box office numbers with a December release. Will Star Wars follow suit?
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 01 June 2012
Take the role of an underworld bounty hunter in lastest Star Wars spin-off.
Thursday 12 April 2012
The George Lucas empire is striking back after giving up its 25-year battle to build a palatial film studio in the pastoral hills north of San Francisco.
Wednesday 04 April 2012
Long has been the wait for a Star Wars experience which fully incorporates those two most coveted of Jedi activities: using the force and swooshing a lightsaber. Alas, the wait goes on.
Friday 27 January 2012
Toy firm Hornby has admitted its profits have been knocked off track by weak demand for train sets and Scalextric racing cars over Christmas.
Thursday 28 July 2011
Thursday 28 July 2011
A British prop designer who made the original Stormtrooper helmets for the first Star Wars film won a Supreme Court battle to continue producing replicas – but faces a damages payout to the creators of the science-fiction blockbuster.
Friday 09 July 2010
Friday 23 April 2010
Hypatia of Alexandria was a historical figure, a neoplatonist philosopher of the fourth century who was torn apart by a Christian mob because of her supposed influence on the local Roman governor at a time of religious conflict.
Saturday 24 October 2009
Friday 15 August 2008
George Lucas's never-ending sci-fi saga gets an animation makeover, which at least spares us the agony of watching perfectly decent actors sporting hideous costumes and spouting banalities to one another.
Friday 03 September 1999
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant