The Lord of the Rings trilogy and James Cameron's Avatar scored huge box office numbers with a December release. Will Star Wars follow suit?
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 28 July 2011
Thursday 28 July 2011
A British prop designer who made the original Stormtrooper helmets for the first Star Wars film won a Supreme Court battle to continue producing replicas – but faces a damages payout to the creators of the science-fiction blockbuster.
Friday 09 July 2010
Friday 23 April 2010
Hypatia of Alexandria was a historical figure, a neoplatonist philosopher of the fourth century who was torn apart by a Christian mob because of her supposed influence on the local Roman governor at a time of religious conflict.
Saturday 24 October 2009
Friday 15 August 2008
George Lucas's never-ending sci-fi saga gets an animation makeover, which at least spares us the agony of watching perfectly decent actors sporting hideous costumes and spouting banalities to one another.
Friday 03 September 1999
Monday 31 May 1999
Saturday 29 May 1999
Saturday 01 May 1999
Sunday 04 April 1999
Tuesday 08 December 1998
Friday 05 December 1997
Thursday 20 March 1997
Thursday 13 February 1997
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Pope Francis: 'Caring for the poor does not make you a communist'
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 4 Paul Hollywood: Police asked if I wanted them to arrest Mary Berry for vandalism after she 'defaced' my car
- 5 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it