The Lord of the Rings trilogy and James Cameron's Avatar scored huge box office numbers with a December release. Will Star Wars follow suit?
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 28 July 2011
Thursday 28 July 2011
A British prop designer who made the original Stormtrooper helmets for the first Star Wars film won a Supreme Court battle to continue producing replicas – but faces a damages payout to the creators of the science-fiction blockbuster.
Friday 09 July 2010
Friday 23 April 2010
Hypatia of Alexandria was a historical figure, a neoplatonist philosopher of the fourth century who was torn apart by a Christian mob because of her supposed influence on the local Roman governor at a time of religious conflict.
Saturday 24 October 2009
Friday 15 August 2008
George Lucas's never-ending sci-fi saga gets an animation makeover, which at least spares us the agony of watching perfectly decent actors sporting hideous costumes and spouting banalities to one another.
Friday 03 September 1999
Monday 31 May 1999
Saturday 29 May 1999
Saturday 01 May 1999
Sunday 04 April 1999
Tuesday 08 December 1998
Friday 05 December 1997
Thursday 20 March 1997
Thursday 13 February 1997
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Russian officials ban yoga because it's too much like a religious cult
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 Ginger Pride festival to take place next summer, organisers say 'time of bullying gingers is over'
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network