WPP cheered the City yesterday as its half-year profits surged almost 20 per cent to £429m and the advertising giant promised to keep raising the dividend.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 08 January 2008
Tuesday 08 February 2005
Monday 29 November 2004
Sunday 31 October 2004
Sir Martin Sorrell, the sage of adland, must be obsessed with personal hygiene. Analysts were scratching their heads after the latest utterances from the chief executive of advertising group WPP. "We're definitely out of the bath - but watch out for the shower," he said last week about the outlook for the advertising market for 2005.
Sunday 19 September 2004
The boss of the American advertising group which was taken over last week by Sir Martin Sorrell's WPP will receive almost $30m (£18m) "compensation" for keeping his job.
Tuesday 14 September 2004
Saturday 01 May 2004
Sunday 11 April 2004
WPP is set to run into more trouble this week after it emerged that the new pay scheme could give chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell a windfall of up to £44m if the giant advertising group were taken over.
Saturday 28 February 2004
Wednesday 29 October 2003
Wednesday 10 September 2003
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail