Some Bank of England regulators wanted lenders to be forced to raise even more fresh capital than the £25 billion they were told to produce last week, minutes from the latest meeting of the financial policy committee indicate.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 04 September 1998
Sunday 23 August 1998
Friday 07 August 1998
Tuesday 07 April 1998
Sunday 22 March 1998
Saturday 21 March 1998
Sunday 15 March 1998
Thursday 12 March 1998
Wednesday 18 February 1998
Friday 13 February 1998
Tuesday 03 February 1998
Tuesday 09 December 1997
Sunday 07 December 1997
Friday 14 November 1997
Monday 13 October 1997
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 3 Father of 12 accused of raping, beating, starving and abusing his own children in US 'cult'
- 4 Britain's Got Talent 2015: Jamie Raven divides Twitter as fans expose mind-boggling magic trick
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity