One of the country's wealthiest businessmen has announced a multi-million pound boost to the UK Independence Party.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Saturday 02 October 2010
Monday 27 September 2010
Thursday 22 July 2010
Justice Secretary Kenneth Clarke's pledge to stop sending thousands of criminals to prison, which so angered Tory right-wingers last month, was inspired by Winston Churchill, the Justice minister Crispin Blunt will say today. He will tell an audience in London that Mr Clarke's claim that prison doesn't work was based on the war-time prime minister's penal reform policy. Many will interpret Mr Blunt's comments as a direct attack on the former Tory home secretary Michael Howard, who criticised Mr Clarke by repeating his famous political catchphrase "prison works".
Monday 19 July 2010
Wednesday 12 May 2010
Monday 12 April 2010
Tuesday 02 March 2010
Winston Churchill, grandson of Britain's war leader and a former Conservative MP, never achieved high political office despite his illustrious pedigree.
Thursday 18 February 2010
Monday 01 February 2010
Monday 14 December 2009
Monday 16 November 2009
The most important thing that happens today is that Liz Truss is confirmed as the candidate for South West Norfolk. Liz is exactly the kind of MP who will enrich the Commons: intelligent, an independent thinker, she doesn't come from a conventional Tory background but is nonetheless a champion of grassroots Conservatives. I hate to think how many good people have been discouraged from political service because of the intrusive public examination she has put up with over recent weeks.
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant