Whatever the temperature, being phlegmatic is usually the order of the day in Britain; very much a unifying defining characteristic that will persist for generations
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 18 February 2009
Widnes’s caretaker coach, John Stankevitch, is likely to be given an extended chance to show that he should be considered for the full-time job. Stankevitch, assistant to Steve McCormack, who was sacked on Monday, has been put in charge, starting with Saturday’s Northern Rail Cup game against Gateshead.
Sunday 25 January 2009
Sunday 30 November 2008
Sunday 23 November 2008
What does the goggle box of delights have in store for us over Christmas?
Friday 07 November 2008
Sunday 02 November 2008
Saturday 18 October 2008
Monday 14 July 2008
Thursday 15 May 2008
Saturday 29 March 2008
Radio 4's Today programme has long been known for its sober presentation of the morning's news, crisply delivered by famously unflappable broadcasters as the nation munches on its cereal.
Friday 26 January 2007
Thursday 21 September 2006
Elvis runs through his grandfather's field, laughing and shouting. He runs past banana trees and cassava plants, onions and beans. Past the sweet potatoes and millet, over the sorghum and soya beans.
Friday 04 July 2003
Wednesday 11 August 1999
Saturday 08 August 1998
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
- 1 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia