Children who are fluent readers are being damaged by the Government’s insistence on using synthetic phonics in the classroom, a leading academic warns today.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 19 November 1999
Sunday 29 August 1999
Wednesday 30 June 1999
Monday 21 June 1999
Saturday 29 May 1999
Sunday 25 April 1999
Saturday 24 April 1999
Monday 12 April 1999
Sunday 14 February 1999
Sunday 07 February 1999
Friday 22 January 1999
Sunday 17 January 1999
Saturday 16 January 1999
Wednesday 13 January 1999
Sunday 06 December 1998
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for beauty pageant
- 2 Crystal Palace next manager latest: Palace consider Ally McCoist - EXCLUSIVE
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 Tim Sherwood column: 'It started as a three-horse race but turned into the Grand National'