No fracking will take place at a site in West Sussex which was at the centre of large-scale protests last year, energy company Cuadrilla has told residents.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Saturday 02 July 2005
Friday 27 May 2005
Sunday 10 April 2005
Monday 21 March 2005
It is a stark and arresting fact that, since the middle of the 20th century, humankind has consumed more natural resources than in all previous human history. This has resulted in more pollution and waste; and contributed to climate change which is now acknowledged to be one of the greatest challenges for the coming century.
Wednesday 05 January 2005
Monday 29 November 2004
Friday 05 November 2004
Friday 29 October 2004
Going underground is the solution for greenhouse emissions
Sunday 24 October 2004
Sunday 26 September 2004
Tuesday 13 July 2004
Saturday 12 June 2004
Sunday 09 May 2004
The European Commission is facing calls from industry groups to delay the launch of its controversial carbon-emission trading scheme.
Sunday 02 May 2004
Tuesday 20 April 2004
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
- 5 QS university world rankings: Imperial College London leapfrogs Oxford to join Cambridge as best British university