It was one of those curious nights when events on the sidelines were always going to be more telling than those on the pitch, but Martin O’Neill and Roy Keane can at least take plenty of encouragement from a statement first win in charge of the Republic of Ireland. The new regime got off to a fine start with a commanding win over Latvia.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 07 February 2005
Sunday 09 January 2005
Sunday 12 December 2004
Friday 15 October 2004
Monday 07 June 2004
Thursday 08 January 2004
Monday 24 November 2003
Friday 10 October 2003
Friday 05 September 2003
Thursday 21 August 2003
Tuesday 29 April 2003
Saturday 19 April 2003
Sunday 06 April 2003
Thursday 03 April 2003
Sunday 30 March 2003
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for