Engineering firm plans to install a 6,800 mile 'solar belt' around the moon's equator
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 13 March 2011
Thursday 03 March 2011
While sharply rising oil prices claim attention across the world, the British Government is facing increasingly vocal criticism over a policy on solar power subsidies that critics deride as "extraordinary".
Monday 14 February 2011
Solar power companies are considering a legal challenge to Government plans for a review of the "feed-in tariff" (FIT) scheme, set up last year to boost investment in green energy schemes.
Sunday 06 February 2011
Concerns that commercial solar "farms" are cashing in on an incentive scheme designed to boost small-scale renewables is prompting the Government to review the programme.
Sunday 30 January 2011
Wasps director and former captain Lawrence Dallaglio eased himself into the Arabian Gulf on Friday with a spot of drag racing, and a round of golf to follow yesterday, ahead of the innovative LV Cup match with Harlequins in Abu Dhabi this afternoon.
Monday 27 December 2010
A solar-powered pilotless plane which was built in the UK has been recognised as having smashed the world record for the longest time spent in the air by an unmanned autonomous vehicle (UAV), after staying aloft for two weeks.
Sunday 26 December 2010
The This Is Why I Pay My Licence Fee Award A History of the World in 100 Objects, a masterly sweep through the many ages of man led by the British Museum's Neil MacGregor, was the kind of thing the BBC does so well – big projects, superbly conceived and perfectly executed.
Sunday 19 December 2010
Simple pumps have saved villagers from a dangerous job
Monday 06 December 2010
Friday 03 December 2010
Sunday 28 November 2010
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail