David Cameron was as anxious as the Daily Mail to herald today's joint announcement by Google and Microsoft as a historic moment.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 11 July 2013
Corporate restructuring sees new focus on devices and services, and the promise of a single Windows ecosystem
Tuesday 02 July 2013
Mattrick will become new CEO as founder Mark Pincus steps down
Monday 24 June 2013
There have long been promises for Microsoft to become a "devices and services company", but just how this will look remains unclear
Saturday 01 June 2013
It’s many miles from being a serious rival to the more serious players in the tablet space
Steve Ballmer: The boss who bet his company on Windows 8 – and lost as computer giant announces 'biggest product U-turn since New Coke'
Tuesday 07 May 2013
Updated version of operating system will take into account complaints made by users as decision to overhaul the much-maligned operating system has put Bill Gates’s successor under pressure
Wednesday 05 December 2012
Wednesday 14 November 2012
Wednesday 07 November 2012
Prime Minister David Cameron today welcomed an initiative by computing giants Microsoft to help 300,000 jobless young people in the UK take steps towards work over the next three years.
Friday 20 April 2012
Microsoft's fared better than analysts anticipated in its latest quarter, boosted by a surprising rise in sales of its Windows operating system for personal computers.
Tuesday 21 June 2011
Skype, the internet telephony company, has sacked more than half a dozen of its most senior executives, in a boardroom clear-out ahead of its takeover by Microsoft.
Saturday 28 May 2011
- 1 John Williams' Stoner wins Waterstones Book of the Year
- 2 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do