In a highly unusual move, Ed Miliband has induced the Daily Mail to grant him the right of reply to an article attacking him. It is a right that newspapers are understandably reluctant to concede, lest their columns be filled with nothing but the wailing replies from wronged politicians. But there again, it is unusual to attack a politician by going for his dead father.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 02 June 2008
Tuesday 06 May 2008
The first day in a new job is always stressful. But when you are in charge of a £11bn budget covering buses, the Tube, police and fire services for one of the greatest cities in the world, you can be forgiven for having a few first-day nerves.
Sunday 24 February 2008
Sunday 09 February 1997
Sunday 05 January 1997
Tuesday 20 August 1996
INTERVIEW / Extra-dry and off the rocks: He was bright but ineffective, says Stephen Castle. Now his speeches have made him unsackable; Peter Lilley
Sunday 10 October 1993
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits record low as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more