Team GB’s Lizzy Yarnold got her skeleton season off to the perfect start as the 25-year-old claimed victory in the World Cup race in Canada. Yarnold finished in second place but was elevated to first when American Noelle Pikus-Pace was disqualified after her sled failed a post-race inspection.
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant