The very ethos of his practice is rooted in a 1960s American obsession with the implications of space travel and, with that, an embedded fear of otherness,” writes the Guggenheim’s Nancy Spector in her introduction to this 30-year retrospective of Crewdson’s work.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 03 July 2009
Sunday 31 May 2009
Wolf is the outrageously talented, outlandishly dressed polysexual polymath who specialises in fusing the classical and the hi-tech. The fact that this, his fourth album, features both Tilda Swinton and Alec Empire speaks volumes. Tracks such as the soaring, sweeping "Oblivion" meld scratched-CD glitches with musketeer flourishes, as a backdrop for Wolf's mannered yet emotional voice. Exceptions are the straightforwardly dancefloor-friendly single "Vulture" and the rave-metal of "Battle".
Friday 13 February 2009
Wednesday 11 February 2009
Sunday 08 February 2009
Thursday 05 February 2009
Sunday 01 February 2009
There was a time when David Fincher's career threatened to derail. Following his 2002 home-invasion thriller Panic Room, he dropped out of skateboard film Lords of Dogtown and Tom Cruise vehicle Mission: Impossible III. He toyed with numerous other projects – including an adaptation of Arthur C Clarke's Rendezvous With Rama – but nothing came to fruition. "Making movies is hard," he shrugs. "It takes a long time." Already known for his Kubrick-like fastidiousness, Fincher seemed afraid to commit to anything less than the perfect project.
Friday 16 January 2009
Thursday 15 January 2009
Slumdog Millionaire and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button each received 11 nominations for the Orange British Academy Film Awards today.
Friday 09 January 2009
The Express, Gary Fleder, 129 mins, PG<br>The Secret Life of Bees, Gina Prince-Blythewood, 110 mins, 12a</br>
Sunday 07 December 2008
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis