A woman has been left with horrendous injuries after a stranger squirted acid into her face in an attack on her doorstep.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 27 July 2008
Friday 09 May 2008
Saturday 23 February 2008
Hindsight, of course, is a wonderful thing. But it is still striking that even though Steven Wright does not appear ever to have even been arrested for violent behaviour, prior to his spree of murder in Ipswich just over a year ago, there now seem to have been plenty of witnesses to his attacks on women, and copious awareness of his fetishistic reliance on prostitutes. None of it – not the habitual kerb-crawling, nor the physically abusive relationships – ever did get him into trouble with the law, though.
Sunday 17 February 2008
Saturday 16 February 2008
Friday 08 February 2008
More than half of all US retailers missed sales expectations in January, deepening fears of a consumer-led slowdown that could tip the economy into a recession.
Sunday 18 February 2007
Wednesday 07 April 2004
Perhaps it was the side of the bed Bob Dylan got out of. When Les Wexner, the boss of the American lingerie company Victoria's Secret, asked the grizzled folkie if he would appear in the company's new television commercial, Dylan said yes.
Sunday 28 November 1999
Sunday 30 May 1999
Wednesday 26 May 1999
Monday 08 March 1999
Sunday 07 February 1999
Sunday 16 August 1998
- 1 The ‘Beverly Hills’ of Surrey pays more income tax than big cities of the North
- 2 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 3 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 4 The moral case on tax avoidance is overwhelming - and we all know Google wants to do the right thing
- 5 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea will be a reunion that can only end in tears
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.