Offering year-round spring temperatures, The Canary Islands can provide the perfect remedy to those UK winter blues, and The Independent has teamed up with The Canary Island Tourist Board and the Spanish Tourist Office to give you the chance to win a seven-night holiday for two to two of its islands.
The seven Spanish islands, nestled 100km off the coast of western Africa, provide the best of both worlds, offering all the charm of mediterranean Europe but with a mild sub-tropical climate that you'd expect so near the equator.
On each island you can observe beautiful volcanic landscapes in spectacular national parks, sun yourself on stunning black sand beaches or sample the fantastic local cheese and wine.
To stand a chance of winning the holiday, which includes seven-nights split between Fuerteventura and Lanzarote, staying in 5-star hotels on a half board basis, airport transfers or car hire, and transfers from one island to the other, simply answer the questions below.
The winner's fantastic holiday experience will be featured on our website. Click here to return to the hub.
Terms and conditions:
- Prize is valid for 2 people departing the UK between March and December 2012.
- Prize is subject to availability and excludes departures during Christmas, Easter and any UK or local bank holidays or public holidays. The winner is responsible for ensuring they have all necessary documents including valid passports, visas, and travel and medical insurance, and must comply with all health or other government regulations. The Spanish Tourist Office, Promotur and hotels accept no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize, including, without limitation, spending money, other living expenses, insurance and taxes. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. The Spanish Tourist Office, Promotur and the hotels retain the right to substitute the prize with another of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control. We will accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by the winner or their guest due to of entering the draw or accepting the prize.
- The winner will be required to participate in publicity following the holiday, to be published in The Independent newspaper and online at independent.co.uk.
- This competition ends on 31 January 2012.
- The winner will be selected at random.
- The Independent's usual terms and conditions apply