The 50 Best B&Bs
Fresh flowers, Egyptian cotton and fine food are not just for boutique hotels. A new breed of luxurious guesthouses is rising to the challenge. Rhiannon Batten puts them to the test
This week's panel
Karen Thorne runs the Bed & Breakfast Academy ( www.bedandbreakfastacademy.co.uk);
Richard Hammond is the founder of www.greentraveller.co.uk;
Jim Barker is editor of the ‘AA Bed & Breakfast guide 2011’ (£12.99; www.theaa.com);
Alastair Sawday is the founder of ‘Sawday’s Special Places to Stay’ guidebooks, which include ‘British Bed & Breakfast’ (£14.99; www.sawdays.co.uk);
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£18000 - £35000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits & Uncapped Comm: Flight Cen...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Cruise Ship Seasonal W...