The 50 Best B&Bs
Fresh flowers, Egyptian cotton and fine food are not just for boutique hotels. A new breed of luxurious guesthouses is rising to the challenge. Rhiannon Batten puts them to the test
This week's panel
Karen Thorne runs the Bed & Breakfast Academy ( www.bedandbreakfastacademy.co.uk);
Richard Hammond is the founder of www.greentraveller.co.uk;
Jim Barker is editor of the ‘AA Bed & Breakfast guide 2011’ (£12.99; www.theaa.com);
Alastair Sawday is the founder of ‘Sawday’s Special Places to Stay’ guidebooks, which include ‘British Bed & Breakfast’ (£14.99; www.sawdays.co.uk);
- 1 Asteroid nine times the size of the QE2 liner to sail pass Earth
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 British business: We need to stay in the European Union - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£26400 - £36000 per annum: Randstad Education Maidstone: An Independant school...
£22k-£25k + comm + benefits: Blue Travel Solutions: LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN TH...
£26k-£29k + excellent comm: Blue Travel Solutions: We have a high-end luxury t...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + (£15K + Uncapped Commission & Benefits): Flight Ce...