The 50 Best B&Bs
Fresh flowers, Egyptian cotton and fine food are not just for boutique hotels. A new breed of luxurious guesthouses is rising to the challenge. Rhiannon Batten puts them to the test
Saturday 12 March 2011
This week's panel
Karen Thorne runs the Bed & Breakfast Academy ( www.bedandbreakfastacademy.co.uk);
Richard Hammond is the founder of www.greentraveller.co.uk;
Jim Barker is editor of the ‘AA Bed & Breakfast guide 2011’ (£12.99; www.theaa.com);
Alastair Sawday is the founder of ‘Sawday’s Special Places to Stay’ guidebooks, which include ‘British Bed & Breakfast’ (£14.99; www.sawdays.co.uk);
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 2 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...