The ten best destinations to escape the British crowds this summer
Tuesday 28 July 2009
While some people find comfort in being amongst their own kind whilst on holiday, if you really want to experience the genuine food, culture and customs of the country you are visiting, you'll need to look beyond the British enclaves.
More than 16 million Brits visit Spain every year, 15 million visit France and three million visit Italy. It’s therefore little wonder that if you holiday in these countries, you’ll often be rubbing sunburnt shoulders with your fellow compatriots.
You don’t have to travel far to escape Little Britain. There are concealed countries and secret cities just two hours flight from the UK, so why not try one of Skyscanner’s recommended ‘Low-Brit’ destinations this summer?
Click on the image to the right to launch our guide, and leave your comments and suggestions below.
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
£21000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £18K & Uncapped Commission & Benefits: Flight Cent...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Flight Centre Limited: Exceptional opportunity for ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: L...