Win a luxury Durham break and £500 to spend on outdoor gear
Friday 08 March 2013
Don’t miss your chance to experience Durham’s great outdoors in style, with an incredible luxury break at one of the county’s most idyllic hotels, plus £500 to get you kitted-out in the latest outdoor gear at the biggest outlet shopping centre in the North East.
Headlam Hall is a charming, award-winning, family-owned and run 17th-Century country mansion in the Durham Dales, the perfect location to explore the stunning surroundings by bike or on foot. The hotel stands in beautiful gardens and is home to luxurious accommodation, a spa, golf course and award-winning restaurant.
Worth £1,000, you will enjoy a four-night break for two at Headlam Hall, experiencing superb locally sourced food, relaxation and breathtaking countryside. The prize includes:
Four nights for two people sharing a main hall or Mews double/twin bedroom at Headlam Hall
A bottle of Champagne in your room on arrival
English breakfast each day
A three-course a la carte dinner on three nights, and a six-course tasting menu on one night
A traditional afternoon tea on the day of your choice
A 30-minute Real Aromatherapy back and neck massage per person OR 18 holes of golf
Use of the Headlam Spa facilities throughout your stay
£500 voucher to spend at certain stores Dalton Park shopping centre
Dalton Park, the region’s biggest outlet shopping centre, is the place to head to if you’re looking for the best outdoor and sportswear brands at the best prices - including world class names such as Berghaus, Trespass, Regatta, Tog 24, Mountain Warehouse, Nike, Adidas and New Balance.
The voucher can be redeemed in the following stores only: Tog 24, Berghaus, Mountain Warehouse, Regatta and Trespass.
Terms and conditions
- This competition closes at 23:59 on 31 March 2013.
- The winner will be selected at random and informed by email on or before 7 April 2013.
- There is one prize to be won.
- Open to UK residents only.
- The stores the voucher is valid in is Tog 24, Berghaus, Mountain Warehouse, Regatta and Trespass.
- The spend can be broken up across all these stores.
- The voucher will be valid for one year from the date it is collected.
- Entrants must be 18 or over.
- No employee of Visit County Durham or Dalton Park or any of its subsidiary companies shall be eligible for entry into the competition.
- No employee of any sponsors or any subsidiary thereof shall be eligible to take part in the competition.
- Prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative available.
- Travel costs, lunches, drinks with dinner and other expenses are not included.
- Prize is subject to availability.
- Winners must book at least one week in advance of their stay, before 30 June 2013.
- Accommodation must be taken in consecutive nights and in a single trip only.
- The trip should be taken before 31 December 2013.
- Winners may not book on Bank Holiday weekends.
- Clubs are not included in the golfing experience.
- When you respond, Independent Print Ltd may use your information to contact you with offers/services of interest. For further information, please write to Customer Care, Room 203b, Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, London W8 5TT or call the SMS helpline on 0800 014 1178.
- Promoter: Visit County Durham
The Independent's usual terms and conditions apply.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
- 3 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 'Paracetamol Challenge': Police and teachers issue warning to parents over social media craze
Does Ryanair charge for allocated seating?
Inside Travel: Greece 2015 Q&A - should we cancel our Greek holiday? Are our flights safe? And what will we be spending there?
Travel in London expected to grind to halt in taxi driver slowdown against Uber
The most powerful passports in the world
The 10 Best lightweight luggage
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...