New research from an online dating website has revealed Britons' most common embarrassing moments whilst on a first date.‘Getting food stuck in teeth' topped the charts, with being stood up and falling asleep on the date also featuring.
The study, conducted by www.DateWithaMate.com, surveyed a total of 1,235 people aged 18-40 from across the UK.
Those polled were initially asked if they had ever suffered an embarrassing experience whilst on a first date, to which over half, 51%, said that they had. They were then asked to state what exactly had happened - the most common answers were as follows:
1. Got food stuck in teeth - 17%
2. Bumped into an ex -15%
3. Spilled a drink on date - 14%
4. Said something inappropriate/ offensive - 12%
5. Was stood up - 9%
6. Called date by the wrong name - 8%
7. Walked out of the toilet with flies down/dress tucked into underwear- 7%
8. Wardrobe malfunction - 4%
9. Saw parents whilst on the date- 3%
10. Fell asleep whilst on the date - 2%Reuse content