After another horrific shooting in the America, here are some shocking statistics.
- 16,808,538: The number of gun applications since Jan 2012
- It's estimated there is an average of 88 weapons per 100 people
- Nearly half (44%) of all applications since 1998 have been for long guns such as rifles - minimum 16 inches in length
- Kentucky has the highest amount of applications, followed by Texas and California
- 60 percent of U.S. homicides occur using a firearm
- America has the highest gun ownership in the world - roughly 35–50 per cent of the world's civilian-owned guns