Letter: Live voices, please

Click to follow
Sir: Jonathan Sinclair Carey (Letters, 30 July) is not alone. Recently, I phoned the American embassy to inquire if my US visa could be transferred from my old passport to my newly issued, Euro-style passport. Like him, I got the 0891 treatment, and was incensed to find that, after listening to the whole tape at considerable expense, my query was not answered. I got the correct answer from a London-based specialist visa service, politely and for free. It doesn't pay to phone 0891.

Yours faithfully,


London, W14