Bollywood actress Veena Malik allows Finnish artist Vesa Kivinen to paint landscapes directly on to her skin
Pakistan star volunteered her body as a canvas
Bollywood actress Veena Malik has collaborated with the Finnish artist Vesa Kivinen to produce a stunning series of portraits.
The Pakistan-born star of Bollywood hit First Time volunteered her body as a canvas, allowing Kivinen to paint richly coloured landscape images directly on to her skin.
The five artworks are described as a “dialogue between three dimensional physiology and gesture coupled with the aesthetics of two dimensional painting that coalesce into a singular object of art” and are said to “explore themes from ancient & religious traditions to our contemporary global melting pot”.
Describing the artwork, Malik said: “I feel very glad that Finland’s well known visual artist Vesa Kivinen had called me to work with him. I am here just for the love of art.”
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'