The 10 Best photography books
From Magnum contact sheets to portraits by Mario Testino, there’s something here for everyone to feast their eyes on...
£ 650, taschen.com
Monroe gave a young Brooklyn photographer his big break by choosing him to photograph her. And here is the result – a limited-print-run heirloom of a book.
If you are serious about photography, you'll want this book. It lays bare the creative process by juxtaposing a famous image with the photographers' contact sheets.
Moon has shot for Vogue, Harper's and Chanel. This new book is a showcase of both the scope of her work and of her ethereal, otherworldly style.
This 250-image book is best thought of as a photo essay, a rumination on the way artists have used their own bodies to create art through the 20th century.
Testino makes fashion types' hearts beat that bit faster. The Peruvian has also taken on the world of formal portraiture.
The stirring yearly annual put out by World Press Photo. Categories covered include: people, general news and sport.
£ 44.99, taschen.com
Willoughby's snaps of Hepburn, span the late 1950s right through to the peak of her My Fair Lady fame.
Lange was the first woman to be awarded the Guggenheim Photography Fellowship and this book showcases her most famous work.
With tails of strife and discord the daily bread of Greece, it is easy to forget why the country has beguiled so many.
Few have proved more adept at capturing the passion of sport than Jenkins.
Arts & Ents blogs
Thirteen-year-old Conor awakes in bed one night to discover that the yew tree outside his house has ...
It’s hard not to feel sorry for doe-eyed Andy. He spends months pining after Louise, has huge nostr...
Fragility of life looms large over an episode that closes with the scarring on Julie's stomach. Whil...
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria