The Playlist: Electric Soft Parade/ The Boy Least Likely To/ Cold Cave
Electric Soft Parade
Brother, You Must Walk Your Path
Re-emerging after a six-year break, this is the first single from the band's forthcoming fourth album IDIOTS. The White brothers' harmonies are as tight as ever, but other than their sombre decadence, this is a stripped-down, minimalist return.
The Boy Least Likely To
Climbing Out of Love
Another indie-pop duo making a comeback (above), TBLLT explore upbeat pop that brings to mind Bright Eyes and Belle and Sebastian. Clearly the feel-good hit of the spring.
God Made the World
Considerably darker than The Boy Least Likely To, Cold Cave hook this new release around post-punk guitars and a beat reminiscent of New Order or Depeche Mode.
Crawling on Bruised Knees
This rather excellently named song is a brutal and emotionally weighty slice of experimental pop that clocks in at around six and a half minutes – 22-year-old frontwoman Margaret Chardiet describes it as an “exorcism”.
Lust for Youth
Chasing the Light (Anthony Naples remix)
Naples, a young Brooklyn-based producer, really gets his teeth into this remix, transforming it from a light, synth-led track, into a muscular Berlin squat party anthem.
Books And it is whizzpopping!
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Carol Vorderman reveals she is 'covered in burns' after she fell off her treadmill while running naked
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs