The Playlist: Iggy and the Stooges / Childhood / Ty Segall
Iggy and the Stooges
A typically aggressive rocker from the resurgent band's new LP 'Ready to Die'. Debuted live on 'The Colbert Report' last week.
One of the best bands to emerge from the revived UK indie scene this year, Childhood (pictured) draw as much influence from the dream pop that dominated 2010 as they do from former tour-mates Palma Violets.
Music for a Film 1
An instrumental cut that, as yet, isn't actually scheduled to appear on a film soundtrack. It is, however, the latest instalment of the Less Artists More Condos charity single series.
Gorgeous, percussion and vocal-led pop from Northern Ireland. One to watch.
The Fat Cat Records-signed art rocker is moving deeper into the realms of Kurt Vile-esque indie rock.
Debuted at Penn State last weekend, this track was one of several brand-new songs by the band that were caught on film and uploaded to YouTube.
A wonderfully surreal video was released for this new single last week.
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
Heavy metal producer's corpse to be mutilated by models as per his dying wish
The Jump 2015 line-up: Joey Essex, Phil Tufnell, Heather Mills and co take to the slopes
Game of Thrones season 5: Grey Worm actor Jacob Anderson is all for more male nudity – as long as it’s not him
Grumpy Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' rediscovered after 35 years
Sia apologises for 'Elastic Heart' music video that sees Shia LaBeouf wrestle 12-year-old Maddie Ziegler
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures