Thunderbirds are go! On Royal Mail stamps...
Tuesday 11 January 2011
To celebrate five decades of work by iconic Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson, Royal Mail's first stamp issue of 2011 features a few recognisable marionettes.
The stamp series, which can be purchased from today, is titled FAB: The Genius of Gerry Anderson, featuring Stingray, Captain Scarlet, a Supercar ('It's the marvel of the age!') and other colourful nods to Anderson's puppetry.
musicReview: Culture Club performs live for first time in 12 years
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year