Upcoming British contemporary artists exhibit at London Art Fair
Works from a number of Britain’s most up and coming modern artists will be on show this weekend at the UK’s largest contemporary art fair (scroll to see gallery).
Chloe Rosser, whose work (pictured below) focusses on photographing the naked body in contorted poses, is among a number of emerging artists who have been tipped for success in the art world.
Rosser, who recently completed her BA in Photography at Falmouth University, has been named as one of the most exciting recent graduates by industry insiders in The Catlin Guide 2014.
She says of her work: “My work is about the human figure. I photograph the body in contorted poses, creating surreal images of seemingly inhuman objects. The body becomes a mindless mass of flesh, both intriguing and repelling.”
Ceramicist Anna Barlow (work above) is another upcoming artist, whose work will be showcased by Bicha Gallery. Working in clay, she creates kitsch, realistic replications of overflowing desserts, including ice cream sundaes, cupcakes and banana splits.
They will be joined by hundreds of other contemporary artists who will be showcasing their work among collectors' favourites Francis Bacon, David Hockney and Peter Blake.
The London Art Fair runs from 15-19 January at the Business Design Centre in Islington, London, N1.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories