Art auction for East Africa appeal
Friday 15 July 2011
Gallery Violet has persuaded a number of its artists to donate works for an auction to raise money for Oxfam's East Africa appeal.
The £50 million appeal - the charities largest ever - is to tackle the terrible food shortages being faced by up to 12 million people in countries in the east of the continent caused by the worst drought in 60 years.
The highest bid over the artist’s reserve price wins the work and the auction closes 25 July 2011.
Click on the image to see some of the works on offer and email your bid to email@example.com or click here for more information
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Artists unveils new exhibition inspired by Hastings beachart
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
John Barrowman praised for Commonwealth Games opening ceremony gay kiss