Ice sculptors kick off London festival
Sunday 15 January 2012
Sculptors put the finishing touches to their work at the fourth annual London Ice Sculpting Festival.
Eight teams from around the world carved designs from 2m ice blocks outside Canary Wharf in London's Docklands. To celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, the first design created was a giant diamond.
Members of the public were invited to create their own sculptures.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Stall talk: The arcane rules of chit-chat that take place in the gents'
Paul Walker: Fast and Furious cast release video tribute to late star
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
The top gay icons (straight up!)
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >