The 10 Best business start-up books
1. Business Model You by Tim Clark
About reinventing your whole professional life by creating, a simple, one-page blueprint for a business.
2. How to Make A Million Before Lunch By Rachel Bridge
Former business journalist distils her knowledge into 20 top tips for getting rich quick.
3. Start Your Business in 7 Days by James Caan
Dragon Caan focuses less on the mechanics of start-ups than on asking: "Will my business work?"
4. Start Your Own eBay or Amazon by Kim Benjamin
Step-by-step guide to picking the right market, customers, platform, and, crucially, how to get noticed.
5. Make it Happen: The Prince's Trust Guide
Good, practical advice on ideas, funding, business plans and looking after your finances.
6.The Food Truck Handbook by David Weber
Everything from creating a concept to gaining a loyal following, via an chapter on maintaining equipment.
7. Entrepreneurship by Frederick G. Crane
An entrepreneurship encyclopedia, it presupposes the reader is familiar with business concepts.
8. The Start-up of You by Reid Hoffman and Ben Casnocha
Co-written by LinkedIn-founder Hoffman, it has great tips on becoming the next Mark Zuckerberg.
9. Zoom! by Ian Sanders and David Sloly
Speedy set-ups can lead to speedy money making, that's the message behind Sanders and Sloly's book.
10. Lean Startup by Eric Ries
A rather intellectual read, praised for its central message: that new successes comes through agility in the marketplace.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Emma Watson on Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak: 'Even worse than seeing women's privacy violated is reading the comments'
- 2 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Cee Lo Green: It is only rape if the victim is conscious
- 5 Katie Hopkins breaks down in tears over weight gain challenge: ‘I hate fat people for making me do this’
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain