The 10 Best business start-up books
1. Business Model You by Tim Clark
About reinventing your whole professional life by creating, a simple, one-page blueprint for a business.
2. How to Make A Million Before Lunch By Rachel Bridge
Former business journalist distils her knowledge into 20 top tips for getting rich quick.
3. Start Your Business in 7 Days by James Caan
Dragon Caan focuses less on the mechanics of start-ups than on asking: "Will my business work?"
4. Start Your Own eBay or Amazon by Kim Benjamin
Step-by-step guide to picking the right market, customers, platform, and, crucially, how to get noticed.
5. Make it Happen: The Prince's Trust Guide
Good, practical advice on ideas, funding, business plans and looking after your finances.
6.The Food Truck Handbook by David Weber
Everything from creating a concept to gaining a loyal following, via an chapter on maintaining equipment.
7. Entrepreneurship by Frederick G. Crane
An entrepreneurship encyclopedia, it presupposes the reader is familiar with business concepts.
8. The Start-up of You by Reid Hoffman and Ben Casnocha
Co-written by LinkedIn-founder Hoffman, it has great tips on becoming the next Mark Zuckerberg.
9. Zoom! by Ian Sanders and David Sloly
Speedy set-ups can lead to speedy money making, that's the message behind Sanders and Sloly's book.
10. Lean Startup by Eric Ries
A rather intellectual read, praised for its central message: that new successes comes through agility in the marketplace.
Grace Dent on TV The Secret Life of the Pub is sexist, ageist and a breath of fresh air
Art Megumi Igarashi criticises Japan's 'backwards' attitude to women's sexual expression
tv Singer could become the most unlikely star of Westeros
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 2 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove