The 10 Best business start-up books
1. Business Model You by Tim Clark
About reinventing your whole professional life by creating, a simple, one-page blueprint for a business.
2. How to Make A Million Before Lunch By Rachel Bridge
Former business journalist distils her knowledge into 20 top tips for getting rich quick.
3. Start Your Business in 7 Days by James Caan
Dragon Caan focuses less on the mechanics of start-ups than on asking: "Will my business work?"
4. Start Your Own eBay or Amazon by Kim Benjamin
Step-by-step guide to picking the right market, customers, platform, and, crucially, how to get noticed.
5. Make it Happen: The Prince's Trust Guide
Good, practical advice on ideas, funding, business plans and looking after your finances.
6.The Food Truck Handbook by David Weber
Everything from creating a concept to gaining a loyal following, via an chapter on maintaining equipment.
7. Entrepreneurship by Frederick G. Crane
An entrepreneurship encyclopedia, it presupposes the reader is familiar with business concepts.
8. The Start-up of You by Reid Hoffman and Ben Casnocha
Co-written by LinkedIn-founder Hoffman, it has great tips on becoming the next Mark Zuckerberg.
9. Zoom! by Ian Sanders and David Sloly
Speedy set-ups can lead to speedy money making, that's the message behind Sanders and Sloly's book.
10. Lean Startup by Eric Ries
A rather intellectual read, praised for its central message: that new successes comes through agility in the marketplace.
GlastonburyWI to make debut appearance at Somerset festival
TV reviewIt has taken seven episodes for Game of Thrones season five to hit its stride
FilmPalme d'Or goes to radical and astonishing film that turns conventional thinking about immigrants on its head
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Engineer pictured fixing plane's engine with 'duct tape' by concerned EasyJet passenger
- 2 Two-year-old says goodbye to bin man best friend
- 3 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 Remove smartphones from the hands of under-18s and maybe they will grow up to be less dumb
Jay Z's Tidal could be about to lose Beyonce's music in ultimate humiliation
Britain's Got Talent 2015: Jamie Raven divides Twitter as fans expose mind-boggling magic trick
Thrill of the chaste: The truth about Gandhi's sex life
Bob Dylan: How the Isle of Wight festival managed to steal the voice of a generation from Woodstock
Big Brother 2015 new housemates: Simon Gross returns as stripper Marc O'Neill, model Harry Amelia Martin and X Factor reject Sam Kay join
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'