The winner of the Orange Broadband Prize for women's fiction is announced tonight, with the succesful author receiving £30,000 and a bronze figurine designed by Grizel Niven. The record number of debut novels on this year's shortlist will be judged by literary figures including Bel Mooney and Philippa Gregory.
The shortlist in full, with links to reviews and features
- Nancy Huston, 54, nominated for her 11th novel, 'Fault Lines'
- Sadie Jones, 40, nominated for her first novel, 'The Outcast'
- Charlotte Mendelson, 35, nominated for her third novel, 'When We Were Bad'
- Heather O’Neill, 34, nominated for her first novel, 'Lullabies for Little Criminals'
- Rose Tremain, 64, nominated for her 10th novel, 'The Road Home'
- Patricia Wood, 54, nominated for her first novel, 'Lottery'Reuse content