For sale: All you need to stage your own opera
After 20 years of producing operas in stadiums, arenas and other unusual venues around the world, Companions Amsterdam is putting away its songbooks and shutting up shop for the last time, after its retiring director, Peter Kroone, failed to find anyone to fill his shoes.
Sad news for opera fans.
But, as the saying goes, as one door shuts, another opens: especially if you like dressing up. For Kroone is selling off the costumes and props on eBay. Worth taking a look if you have a penchant for Spanish peasant garb (Carmen) or fancy the biblical-king look (Nabucco). But be warned, you have to buy all the costumes and set – and the last production was in the Stade de France.
Arts & Ents blogs
The episode begins with Finn (Cory Monteith) at college, partying and accidentally participating in ...
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.