For sale: All you need to stage your own opera
After 20 years of producing operas in stadiums, arenas and other unusual venues around the world, Companions Amsterdam is putting away its songbooks and shutting up shop for the last time, after its retiring director, Peter Kroone, failed to find anyone to fill his shoes.
Sad news for opera fans.
But, as the saying goes, as one door shuts, another opens: especially if you like dressing up. For Kroone is selling off the costumes and props on eBay. Worth taking a look if you have a penchant for Spanish peasant garb (Carmen) or fancy the biblical-king look (Nabucco). But be warned, you have to buy all the costumes and set – and the last production was in the Stade de France.
Artists unveils new exhibition inspired by Hastings beachart
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains