Cannes 2014: Pictures from the red carpet as Grace of Monaco opens film festival
The French city of Cannes was bustling with A-list names headed for the opening of the prestigious Cannes Film Festival on Wednesday, but one family has steered clear of the star-studded event.
Scroll to see pictures
Prince Albert and his wife Princess Charlene of Monaco have both left the city-state, after slamming the Grace of Monaco biopic depicting Albert’s mother Grace Kelly, which was previewed at the festival on Wednesday afternoon. The pair instead opted to make an official visit to the French Auvergne region town of Carlades.
The royal family has accused director Olivier Dahan's of inaccurately portraying Princess Grace, and issued a statement earlier this month reading: “The trailer appears to be a farce and confirms the totally fictional nature of this film."
Other red carpet attendees at the Grace of Monaco premiere launching Cannes on Wednesay included: Hollywood icon Jane Fonda, catwalk model Karlie Kloss, and Star Trek actress Zoe Saldana
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Have you heard about the film Singapore has banned its people from watching? Well, you have now
Laurie Lee's Rosie: What is it like to inspire a writer's work and be immortalised forever on the page?
Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
Doctor Who series 8: Time Heist pictures revealed ahead of episode 5
The Walking Dead season 5 air date, trailer and season 4 recap
Star Wars 7 leaked set photo of Adam Driver changes everything
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'