Exclusive album stream: Dinosaur Jr, I Bet On Sky
Thursday 13 September 2012
For nearly 30 years Dinosaur Jr have been effect-pedalling their way through the ear drums of alt-rock, barely deviating from their unique sound.
Omnipresent frontman J Mascis has carved an instantly identifiable Jazzmaster distorto-fuzz which has become synonymous with the DNA of alternative rock.
Their tenth album I Bet On Sky, continues the seam mined by singles "Freak Scene" and "Feel The Pain" - being ferociously melodic and catchy as hell.
However, just like the hue of Mascis’ hair, Dinosaur Jr have mellowed, by realising a powerful groove is just as intense as a turning up the amplifiers, particularly with ‘Watch The Corners’.
Lou Barlow’s bass is poppy and driving, and much more akin to his Sebadoh style, while Murph’s drumming is mature and hypnotic.
I Bet On Sky is released September 18 through Jagjaguwar/PIAS
There’s revolution in the air, but one lady’s not for turningTV
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God