My Fantasy Band: Just Jack
Friday 27 February 2009
Vocals - D'Angelo and Lykke Li
I've been listening to 'Voodoo' by D'Angelo quite a lot recently and his voice is indescribable, it acts as another instrument. I think there's just something about Lykke Li and I enjoyed her album, 'Youth Novels'. Obviously she looks cool but I think she has a really interesting and unique voice.
Guitar - Robbie Stern
I saw Cajun Dance Party play and I thought their guitarist had the most amazing riffs. I'm not normally that impressed by musicians,, but he had a compelling vibe.
Bass - Bernard Edwards
The bass player with Chic is one funky bastard and he's done some of the best bass lines ever. Just incredible.
Synths and keyboard - Rick Wakeman
He played with the band Yes, as well as being a session musician for many others. I'm not a massive fan of his, but you see incredible photographs of him in the Seventies with mad banks of synthesizers, cables and knobs.
Drummer - Questlove
The Roots' drummer is probably the best drummer alive, he's just amazing. I was lucky enough to watch The Roots from backstage at Glastonbury when they played there in 2003. Questlove had the most relaxed posture, like he he was making a cup of tea or something but really he's hammering away at the drums.
Just Jack's new single "Embers" is released on 30 March, followed by his album 'All Night Cinema' on 6 April
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 4 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 5 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- < Previous
- Next >