Pop gig of the week: Teenage Cancer Trust, Royal Albert Hall, London SW7
Friday 15 March 2013
Hopes that Noel Gallagher's curatorship of the TCT gigs might include a night of improv art-noise have not been realised, but his line-up is none the worse for rounding up Oasis's mates, plus a treat for teens.
TCT regulars Paul Weller (Palma Violets support) and Kasabian show bloke-rock's more daring face, while Gallagher pal Ryan Adams, whose cover of "Wonderwall" bested the original, will preview a new album.
Also airing new work are Primal Scream, though the peak is the ongoing thawing of Britpop's arctic chill, as Blur's Damon Albarn and Graham Coxon support Noel. And if you're too young to remember 1995, goofy rap lads Rizzle Kicks should entertain.
(0845 401 5045; royalalberthall.com) Tue to 25 Mar
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Ashya King missing: Police hunt five-year-old boy with brain tumour snatched from Southampton hospital by his parents
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 5 Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Great British Bake Off 2014: Diana Beard quits after falling ill
Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Breaking Bad season 6 hoax: Vince Gilligan has not confirmed a new series
Strictly Come Dancing v X Factor: Simon Cowell blasts BBC over scheduling war
Doctor Who series 8: Ofcom will not investigate lesbian kiss
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >