Pop gig of the week: Teenage Cancer Trust, Royal Albert Hall, London SW7
Friday 15 March 2013
Hopes that Noel Gallagher's curatorship of the TCT gigs might include a night of improv art-noise have not been realised, but his line-up is none the worse for rounding up Oasis's mates, plus a treat for teens.
TCT regulars Paul Weller (Palma Violets support) and Kasabian show bloke-rock's more daring face, while Gallagher pal Ryan Adams, whose cover of "Wonderwall" bested the original, will preview a new album.
Also airing new work are Primal Scream, though the peak is the ongoing thawing of Britpop's arctic chill, as Blur's Damon Albarn and Graham Coxon support Noel. And if you're too young to remember 1995, goofy rap lads Rizzle Kicks should entertain.
(0845 401 5045; royalalberthall.com) Tue to 25 Mar
'At times I thought he was me'film
Review: One Direction, Fourmusic
Review: The World of Ice and Firebooks
Film More romcom than S&M
Review: The Imitation Gamefilm
Comedy...to show her mastectomy scars
TVNetflix gets cryptic
TV review A moving film showing kids too busy to enjoy their youth
Books Not even a Man Booker prize could save Richard Flanagan from a nomination
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services