Pop gig of the week: Teenage Cancer Trust, Royal Albert Hall, London SW7
Friday 15 March 2013
Hopes that Noel Gallagher's curatorship of the TCT gigs might include a night of improv art-noise have not been realised, but his line-up is none the worse for rounding up Oasis's mates, plus a treat for teens.
TCT regulars Paul Weller (Palma Violets support) and Kasabian show bloke-rock's more daring face, while Gallagher pal Ryan Adams, whose cover of "Wonderwall" bested the original, will preview a new album.
Also airing new work are Primal Scream, though the peak is the ongoing thawing of Britpop's arctic chill, as Blur's Damon Albarn and Graham Coxon support Noel. And if you're too young to remember 1995, goofy rap lads Rizzle Kicks should entertain.
(0845 401 5045; royalalberthall.com) Tue to 25 Mar
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take title from Conchita Wurst
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland