The Barometer: Bruce Springsteen; Atlas Sound; Hockey; Blk Jks; Noisette; Raekwon
Friday 25 September 2009
Bruce Springsteen Glory Days
In honour of the Boss' 60th birthday this week, we've been pumping our fists in the air to his bittersweet classic from 1984.
Atlas Sound Sheila
The latest song to emerge from Atlas Sound's forthcoming record 'Logos' is a sweet dash of dreamy art pop.
Hockey Song Away
This new single is a fine combination of epic 80s vocals, tight new-wave guitars and a catchy chorus.
Blk Jks Lakeside
A great slab of distorted art-rock from the debut album by Johannesburg-based band of the moment.
Noisette Upset Lockdown
Produced by 6th Sense and Apple Juice Kid sees "Don't Upset the Rhythm" mashed with Kanye's "Love Lockdown". The result? Quite genius, actually.
Raekwon Walk Wit Me
iTunes-only bonus track from the acclaimed new LP by the Wu-Tang man is suitably eerie and menacing.
film Sex scene trailer sees a shirtless Jamie Dornan turn up the heat
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account