The Barometer: Bruce Springsteen; Atlas Sound; Hockey; Blk Jks; Noisette; Raekwon
Friday 25 September 2009
Bruce Springsteen Glory Days
In honour of the Boss' 60th birthday this week, we've been pumping our fists in the air to his bittersweet classic from 1984.
Atlas Sound Sheila
The latest song to emerge from Atlas Sound's forthcoming record 'Logos' is a sweet dash of dreamy art pop.
Hockey Song Away
This new single is a fine combination of epic 80s vocals, tight new-wave guitars and a catchy chorus.
Blk Jks Lakeside
A great slab of distorted art-rock from the debut album by Johannesburg-based band of the moment.
Noisette Upset Lockdown
Produced by 6th Sense and Apple Juice Kid sees "Don't Upset the Rhythm" mashed with Kanye's "Love Lockdown". The result? Quite genius, actually.
Raekwon Walk Wit Me
iTunes-only bonus track from the acclaimed new LP by the Wu-Tang man is suitably eerie and menacing.
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
voicesJust when you thought you could find a man, get married, and have a baby by the age of 35... it turns out you’re too late, says Grace Dent
sportNapoli 2 Arsenal 0: Gunners must now face either Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid or Barcelona in knock-out stages
musicAs Mariah Carey and Noddy Holder rake in the royalties from their classics, why there hasn't been a decent festive hit for 20 years?
theatreAuthor Daniel Rosenthal recalls the mishaps that almost brought the curtain down on the likes of John Gielgud and Diana Rigg
filmFilm producers sue Warner Bros for $75m over Hobbit films
lifeAs the Royal Mail plans to phase out deliveries on two wheels, it's no wonder posties are in a spin
musicThe 21-year-old beat Ella Eyre and Chlöe Howl to win the honour
lifeFull of the joys and want to help your fellow man? December isn't the time to do it
techLuke Blackall reports on precision engineered prams and babygros that monitor your child 24-7
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >