The Barometer: Gurrumul; The Climbers; The Amarylas; Lofty Heights; Karen O and the Kids; Pavement
Friday 02 October 2009
The exquisite voice of the blind aboriginal artist Gurrumul and his haunting music will stay with you in a delicate homage to "bapa", or father.
The Climbers Uncommon
A free MP3 from the new Brighton band, featuring members of the Leisure Society and Absentee.
The Amarylas Ofelia
Lewis Carroll-inspired pop that merges early Pink Floyd and Kinks influences with eccentric storytelling.
Lofty Heights Eye Contact
The jaunty debut from this London folk-pop outfit, released as a single on 5 October.
Karen O and the Kids Rumpus
Karen O and a children's choir make a joyous racket on the soundtrack to Where the Wild Things Are.
Gloriously ambling, this skewed love song is a highlight of their 1992 debut LP, Slanted and Enchanted. Bring on the US indie heroes' 2010 reunion.
Arts & Ents blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 1 Three-quarters of Britons are saying it wrong - the top ten most common mispronunciations
- 2 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 3 Son attacks Apple after it refuses to unlock his late mother’s iPad
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 First Kiss video: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results