The Barometer: Spotify; Three Days of Rain; The Curious Case of Benjamin Button; Demons
Friday 13 February 2009
We are addicted to Spotify, the best website for streaming an unlimited amount of music for free – and legally.
Three Days of Rain
Catch James McAvoy as he returns to the West End, starring alongside Nigel Harman in Richard Greenberg's play at the Apollo Theatre.
Howard Devoto and his revolutionary post-punk band's welcome reunion comes 28 years after their split.
...and what's not
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Spinning out an F Scott Fitzgerald short story to two hours and 46 minutes = one endurance test to be avoided.
Not even a cast including Philip Glenister could help this ailing series which has now reached the end of its short run.
She certainly gained publicity for her erotic novel Wetlands, but unfortunately the reviews were a bit rotten.
Arts & Ents blogs
The Full Monty to close in West End after one month despite Olivier nomination
Best films on Netflix: 32 movies that will put an end to your endless scrolling
Game of Thrones' Nikolaj Coster-Waldau on acting one-handed and why Jaime Lannister is not bad
Halle Berry's role in X-Men: Days of Future Past role cut to one scene
Game of Thrones star Sibel Kekilli on why she wants more male nudity in the show
Ukip and Nigel Farage on course for remarkable victory in European elections
Tony Benn was entirely ineffectual - and usually wrong
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Britain’s five richest families worth as much as poorest 20 per cent, says Oxfam
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Did jetliner fly into area controlled by Taliban? Net widens after claims final satellite signal could have been sent from the ground
- 4 Nasa-funded study warns of ‘collapse of civilisation’ in coming decades
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers