The Barometer: Summer Camp; Bat for Lashes/Beck; Best Coast; MIA; Interpol; The-Dream; Dirty Projectors/Bjork; Rammellzee & K Rob
Summer Camp, Round the Moon
The next single from the rising duo Summer Camp has dreamy, soft vocals play out over sublime beats. Lovely.
Bat for Lashes/Beck, Let's Get Lost
A suitably moody and atmospheric ballad to accompany the brooding teenage vampires on the latest 'Twilight' film soundtrack.
Best Coast, Boyfriend
Californian Bethany Cosentino offers up a lovely slice of wistful noise-pop on the first track to emerge from her forthcoming LP 'Crazy for You'.
Not a cover of the boozy 1990s Terrorvision hit, but an abrasive and addictive taste of things to come from MIA's much discussed new album.
Released as a free download last week, this track from their forthcoming self-titled album shows that Interpol have still got plenty in the tank.
More Prince than Prince himself: sparkling and sleek 1980s tinged R&B pop, from the aptly titled new record, 'Love King'.
Dirty Projectors/Bjork, All We Are
The unlikely collaboration between band and singer has produced a seven-song suite; this is its delicate conclusion.
Rammellzee & K Rob, Beat Bop
The New York hip-hop pioneer Rammellzee died earlier in the week. This immense 10- minute track from 1982, made with K Rob, is perhaps his finest work.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >