The Barometer: The Big Pink; Jakwob; Wu Lyf; Sei A; Azealia Banks; Zemmy Momoh; All We Are; King Charles; Gotye
What's hot on our playlist
The Big Pink
Hit The Ground (Superman)
In sampling Laurie Anderson's 1981 art-pop classic "O Superman", The Big Pink have created yet another anthemic, exasperatingly catchy indie hit.
Let It Fall
A huge, industrial electro track packed with throbbing bass, subtle synths and breathtaking "drops". Jakwob sets the bar high on this first taster from his debut album.
The latest single from Wu Lyf's excellent debut is a typically euphoric number, cloaked in reverb and driven by a chiming afrobeat guitar.
This chilled-out electronica track builds slowly but retains a sparse arrangement and Burial-esque, skittish beats.
Complex rap gymnastics performed over a simplistic drum machine beat and rave sirens.
This London-based, Nigerian singer-songwriter makes gorgeous, timeless acoustic pop.
All We Are
Come Back Safe
Intelligent folk-pop that revolves around a George Harrison-style guitar hook. Refreshingly out of sync with most indie buzzbands.
Jittery pop-punk taking additional influence from afro-beat, glam and trad-country.
Easy Way Out
The follow-up to "Somebody That I Used to Know" is pure electro-rock fuzz.
Listen to his collaboration with Naughty Boymusic
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers