The Playlist: 2 Chainz ft Kanye West / Toro Y Moi / The Coup featuring Das Racist and Killer Mike / Wu-Tang Clan and Kool G Rap / Holy Ghost!
2 Chainz ft Kanye West
Funkystepz's “Miami Bass Edit” is the version to listen to; moving the track from generic, monochrome hip-hop to a technicolor celebration of eccentricity.
Toro Y Moi
So Many Details
A departure for Chaz Bundick as he moves from stoner funk into soft seduction. Recalls Serge Gainsbourg.
The Coup ft Das Racist and Killer Mike
A funky but politically-charged promo track from the group's forthcoming “Sorry to Bother You” LP.
Wu-Tang Clan and Kool G Rap
Rivers of Blood
Yet another excellent cut from the soundtrack of the Quentin Tarantino-produced film “The Man With the Iron Fists”.
It Gets Dark
Downbeat and moody, this song builds from minimalism to an expansive soundscape without compromising its menace.
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Sek, k'athjilari! (That’s “yes, definitely” to non-native speakers).TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 5 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
Doctor Who, Flatline - review: Clara isn’t half bad as the Time Lord
Downton Abbey review series 5, episode 5: Period drama falls disappointingly flat
Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' on Antiques Roadshow by Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
Fury, film review: Brad Pitt is intriguing as unsympathetic war hero
Star Wars Episode 7 has almost finished filming
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
Lord Freud hangs on as MPs of all parties 'call for his head' over disability comments