The Playlist: 2 Chainz ft Kanye West / Toro Y Moi / The Coup featuring Das Racist and Killer Mike / Wu-Tang Clan and Kool G Rap / Holy Ghost!
2 Chainz ft Kanye West
Funkystepz's “Miami Bass Edit” is the version to listen to; moving the track from generic, monochrome hip-hop to a technicolor celebration of eccentricity.
Toro Y Moi
So Many Details
A departure for Chaz Bundick as he moves from stoner funk into soft seduction. Recalls Serge Gainsbourg.
The Coup ft Das Racist and Killer Mike
A funky but politically-charged promo track from the group's forthcoming “Sorry to Bother You” LP.
Wu-Tang Clan and Kool G Rap
Rivers of Blood
Yet another excellent cut from the soundtrack of the Quentin Tarantino-produced film “The Man With the Iron Fists”.
It Gets Dark
Downbeat and moody, this song builds from minimalism to an expansive soundscape without compromising its menace.
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 3 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 4 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 100,000 back our campaign
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up