Justin Bieber accused of battery by neighbour after altercation over 'reckless' driving


Click to follow
The Independent Culture

After a relatively quiet week in Bieberville it looks like the teen pop sensation is in trouble again.

According to American gossip websites one of Justin Bieber’s neighbours filed a battery report against him yesterday in response to an alleged “heated altercation” with the 19-year-old singer at his LA mansion.

Bieber’s security team told TMZ that the neighbour “went nuclear” over parties that were being thrown by his friends on the property while he was performing in Europe.

But the unnamed neighbour told the website that the battery report was filed because the singer himself had been driving a Ferrari “unbelievably recklessly”.

Police are now investigating the complaint made by the neighbour who alleges that Justin threated him during a confrontation over his driving through the gated community.

A member of Justin's security told 3am Online: "The neighbour came onto Justin's property to complain to him, supposedly about parties while Justin was away and possibly other issues.

“They exchanged words and Justin went inside. Security spoke with the neighbour. The police were called but there was no physical altercation."

The timescale of the incident is unclear and online schedules indicate the Bieber is still in Europe, having performed in Poland on Monday evening.

Bieber’s representative Melissa Victor has not yet replied to a request for comment.

According to AP authorities were called to the scene in Calabasas, a suburb of Los Angeles, just after 9am yesterday.

Steve Whitmore, spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, said: "There have been allegations made against Mr Bieber of battery and making threats.”

It was not clear who called authorities and whether there might have been previous problems between the 19-year-old singer and neighbours, Mr Whitmore said.

Two weeks ago the “Baby” singer was roundly criticised after turning up two hours late for a gig at the O2 in London. 

The troubled London leg of his tour continued after he collapsed on stage with “breathing problems” before being hospitalised. The following day he was filmed aggressively confronting a photographer as he left a London hotel.

At the time he took to Twitter to explain the altercation: "Sometimes when people r shoving cameras in your face all day and yelling the worst thing possible at u … well I'm human," he said. "The press made things look nuts but really I have enjoyed London."