Nelly detained after police find 'heroin, marijuana and a loaded firearm' on tour bus
American rapper Nelly was detained by police in Texas last night after a border patrol search on his tour bus recovered 36 bags of heroin,
10lbs of marijuana and a loaded .45 caliber pistol.
Law enforcement sources who spoke to TMZ confirmed that the drugs and weapon were found after police in Sierra Blanca, Texas stopped the bus.
A passenger, named in the report as Brian Keith Jones, was arrested at the scene having admitted that the drugs and gun belonged to him. Nelly and the others on board were not arrested.
Nelly, real name Cornell Iral Haynes, Jr, spoke to reporters at TMZ website to deny any knowledge of the illegal items on his tour bus.
“It is my understanding that a member of my staff made an unfortunate decision to bring unlawful materials onto our tour bus that resulted in his arrest this morning,” he said.
“Neither I, not anyone else on the tour bus, was aware of his decision to bring these on board. Law enforcement officials did not press charges against anyone other than that individual.”
The Grammy Award-winning musician is best known for singles “Hot in Here” and “Dilemma”.
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >