NME Awards 2014: Winners list in full
Arctic Monkeys are the big winners as Lily Allen takes Best Solo Artist
Lily Allen beat Brit Award winners Lorde and David Bowie to be crowned Best Solo Artist, in a ceremony that also saw One Direction's Harry Styles beat none other than "Blurred Lines" singer Robin Thicke to the dubious accolade of Villain of the Year.
Deborah Harry became the first female performer to receive the Godlike Genius award with iconic punk band Blondie who also performed live at the ceremony, while Fleetwood Mac-esque trio Haim won Best International Band.
Blur's Damon Albarn accepted an Innovation award and English grunge duo Drenge were victors in the Best New Band category.
Award For Innovation
Teenage Cancer Trust Outstanding Contribution to Music Award
Belle & Sebastian
Best British Band
Best International Band
Best Solo Artist
Best New Band
Best Live Band
Arctic Monkeys, 'AM'
Disclosure, 'White Noise'
Best Music Video
Eagulls, 'Nerve Endings'
Best TV Show
Best Music Film
Made Of Stone
Philip Hall Radar Award
Fat White Family
The Clash, 'Sound System'
Best Band Blog Or Twitter
Alana Haim, Haim
Morrissey - Autobiography
Best Small Festival
Best Fan Community
Music Moment Of The Year
Noel and Damon come together for Teenage Cancer Trust
Hero Of The Year
Villain Of The Year
Broadcaster unveils Christmas scheduleTV
Jeff Fletcher found fame in 1990s
'At times I thought he was me'film
Review: One Direction, Fourmusic
Review: The World of Ice and Firebooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict