Weird web news: Beyonce's secret online album release
It is not often that a PR person is awake at 6.28am let alone sending emails, so it was clear there was something afoot on Friday morning when a “For Immediate Release” announcement from Purple PR pinged into my inbox.
“Beyoncé available worldwide now,” the message read, before going on to detail the “visual album” that had seemingly appeared out of nowhere. “That the album is available on the day the world is learning about its release is an unprecedented strategic move,” the release added, clearly unaware that David Bowie had done pretty much the same thing with his “comeback single”, “Where Are We Now?”, in January. The PR spin? “Stripped of gimmicks, teasers and marketing, this project is truly about art before hype.” Yeah, right.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
Great British Bake Off, episode 4, review: Heat gets turned up as Iain goes into meltdown
Great British Bake Off 2014: Diana Beard quits due to illness
Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
Friends reunion: Jennifer Anniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Kate Bush, Hammersmith Apollo, gig review: Just what everyone was hoping for
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >