Album: Adele, Live at The Royal Albert Hall, XL
Adele's engaging ebullience is powerfully persuasive on this DVD/CD package, culled from this year's Albert Hall shows – or as she marvels, "Royal Albert fucking Hall!".
There's a strange, beguiling contrast between the elegance of her singing voice and the cockney-barmaid tone of her introductions, littered with expletives, ribald cackles and self-deprecating discussions of Adele's personal life, but between them the songs emerge more meaningful. The set mingles songs from her two albums with a few covers – notably impassioned versions of "I Can't Make You Love Me" and "Make You Feel My Love" – and a new song, the soulful "I'll Be Waiting", in which the passing of time is again the main theme, building to a moving climax of "Someone Like You" and "Rolling in the Deep".
DOWNLOAD THIS Someone Like You; Rolling in the Deep; Make You Feel My Love; I'll Be Waiting
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- < Previous
- Next >